This program helps you compare your DX4WIN award credits ("flags") with your
ARRL DX Century Club ("DXCC") award records
found on the ARRL Logbook of the World (LoTW) web site.
Your LoTW award account includes all submissions you have made, either through "traditional"
(paper QSL) or "electronic" (LoTW) confirmations.
To read more about DX4WIN Award Tracking, please read this application note:
DXCC Award Tracking in
This program is compatible with award listings from DX4WIN 4.07 and later. It should work on any computer
running Windows XP or later.
Version 8.0 of the program was released on 6 May 2018 (NOTE:
the version number is unrelated to the DX4WIN version number). Go to the
Version History to download the program.
After downloading the installation program, run it. You must install the
program into your DX4W### directory, the same directory that contains
DX4WIN.EXE. If you do not install the program into the correct directory, it
will report an error when you try to run it.
IMPORTANT: If you try to start the program and see any error messages like these:
The program can't start because MFC140.dll is missing from your computer.
The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer.
The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer.
then you need to install the
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
When prompted, download and install vc_redist.x86.exe (not
This program makes the following assumptions. If any of them are not true,
you should not use the program.
- You have at least one DXCC award from the ARRL
- You have an active LoTW account
- Your LoTW account is linked to your DXCC records. See this
example. If you select "Select DXCC
Award Account" on the LoTW web site, and you see a button at the bottom of
the "Award Account Menu" on the left that says "Link Account", then you are
not linked, and you will not see your DXCC credits on the LoTW page. Click
on that button to initiate the linking process, then either wait for
confirmation from the ARRL, or periodically check your LoTW account until
you see the "Account Status" table with a "View Award Credit Matrix" link
just below it.
- The QSOs in your DX4WIN log that have been credited towards your DXCC award(s) have the corresponding Submitted and/or Checked award flags
set. This is done by making a Submission through DX4WIN (which sets the
Submitted flags) then changing the award flags to "Checked" (using the
Report generator) once the award or endorsement has been received back from
the ARRL. If you don't follow this procedure, this program will not give
NOTE: you can
use this program to "get started" in the process of reconciling your DX4WIN
award credits. However, it is not designed to update the credits for you.
The program checks two conditions:
- QSOs marked [*] Checked (or optionally, [S] Submitted) in DX4WIN are listed in LoTW as Credited
- QSOs listed in LoTW as Credited are marked [*] Checked (or optionally, [S] Submitted) in DX4WIN
This is to make sure:
- ARRL has registered all the credits you have submitted.
- ARRL has not credited you with something you did not submit.
Before running the program, you must create the two report files needed by
the program, one from DX4WIN and the other from LoTW.
- Reports | DXCC | Listing (optionally, including deleted)
- Choose the desired band or mode, and/or the award type
(Mixed/Band/Mode). Normally you can just use the defaults.
- When the listing window comes up, right-click with the mouse and
choose "Write to File". Give the file a name, the default extension
will be .csv. Save it to the same folder into which you installed the
program (that will make it easier to find later).
IMPORTANT (DXCC): If you are creating a report for a single band, make sure only the
Band box is checked in the Award group. If you are creating a report for a single
mode, make sure only the Mode box is checked in the Award group.
If you are creating a report for Mixed DXCC only, make sure
only the Mixed box is checked in the Award group. Failure to do
this may result in many mismatches for DXCC awards you do no track.
DXCC, in LoTW:
- Once you're logged in, click on the Awards tab near the top of the page
- Next, click on "Select DXCC Award
Account" button on the left, underneath "Your LoTW ARRL DXCC (DX Century Club) Account(s)"
- On the next page entitled, "Your Logbook DXCC Award Account", look on the
right-hand side for this sentence:
For an ADIF download with the details of all QSLs in your DXCC record use DXCC QSL Download
- Click on the "DXCC QSL Download" hyperlink and save that file to the
same directory as your DX4WIN DXCC listing (above)
To run the program, double-click on the program icon.
- Choose the award - only DXCC is supported at this time
- Click on the "LoTW QSL Download" button, then navigate to and select the ADI file you download from the ARRL web site.
- Click on the "DX4WIN Report" button, then navigate to and select the CSV file you saved from your DX4WIN
- Click on the "Compare" button to perform the comparison. If you see a scroll bar in the output window,
that means there is more text than can be shown at once, so scroll to the bottom to see the final results.
- Click on the "Save" button to save the results to a text file.
- Click on the "Print" button to print the results.
To see the program version, click on the "AD1C" icon in the upper-left and select "About ..."
To be taken to this web page, click on the "Help" button.
There are three check boxes in the program:
- Ignore DX4WIN Submitted
- Check this box if you have QSOs marked as Submitted in DX4WIN, but have
not submitted these QSOs to the ARRL yet. This is useful for people who mark
"new ones" as Submitted in DX4WIN throughout the year, but don't submit them
to ARRL until the end of the year.
- Treat DX4WIN Submitted as Checked
- Check this box if you have received your endorsement back from the ARRL, but have NOT
yet changed the award flags in DX4WIN from Submitted to Checked. The default is
only to check LoTW status against Checked data in DX4WIN.
- Report uses Frequency
- Check this box if the "Band" field in your QSO window shows frequency
(in MHz) instead of band. This is a setting on the QSO tab of your
Preferences, "Show band in MHz". The DXCC listing report you
saved will be output with Band or Frequency, depending on the setting of
this preference. This is mainly so the comparison program can tell the
difference between 10 meters and 10 MHz.
The program will list each mismatch it finds, showing both the LoTW status and
the DX4WIN status. The DX4WIN status matches the abbreviations used in the report
The LoTW status is either [*] Credited or [ ] Not Credited.
When the program finishes, it will report the number of matches and
mismatches for each award. The total number of matches plus mismatches
(if any) should equal the total in the "Checked" column in the DX4WIN
DXCC Summary window for that award. If using the "Treat DX4WIN Submitted as
Checked" setting, then the total should match the sum of the totals in the
"Checked" and "Submitted" columns in the DX4WIN DXCC Summary window for that award.
To download the installation program, click on the hyperlink containing
the version number and date.
- Ver. 8.0 - 6 May 2018
- Added Republic of Kosovo
- No longer requires adif.pmp (so works with DX4WIN 9.0x)
- Updated Microsoft compiler (requires download of latest Microsoft run-time library)
- Ver. 7.5 - 1 February 2015
- Report an error when ARRL DXCC Credit Listing contains a DXCC entity
that is not in DX4WIN, due to out-dated DX4WIN country file
- Added Legend to display output
- Ver. 7.4 - 4 May 2014
- Added "Ignore DX4WIN Submitted" check box
- Ver. 7.3 - 1 May 2014
- Fixed back-to-back compares when first DX4WIN listing included deleted entities
- Ver. 7.2 - 30 April 2014
- Single-band and single-mode compare works again
- Ver. 7.1 - 29 April 2014
- Print award summary after compare
- Ver. 7.0 - 28 April 2014
- Use DXCC QSL Download from LoTW site to compare
- Should be immune to DX4WIN country file prefix changes (see 6.3 below, for example)
- Real signed Windows installer
- Ver. 6.4 - 19 January 2014
- Changed compilers from Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2010
- Ver 6.3 - 24 September 2013
- Glorioso Islands prefix change from FR/G to FT/G
- Juan de Nova, Europa prefix change from FR/J to FT/J
- Tromelin Island prefix change from FR/T to FT/T
- Ver. 6.2 - 12 August 2012
- Niue prefix change from ZK2 to E6
- Ver. 6.1 - 26 March 2012
- If the DX4WIN report did not have deleted entities, Mixed mismatches may not get checked/reported
- Ver. 6.0 - 17 March 2012
- Better support for single awards, like only Mixed or only 20M
- Added check box to select by-band or by-frequency
- Ver. 5.0 - 13 March 2012
- Updated for DX4WIN.CTY dated 11 March 2012 (and later)
- Ver. 4.2 - 11 October 2011
- Added support for Republic of South Sudan
- Last version that works with DX44WIN.CTY from 15 July 2011 to before (not including) 11 March 2012
- Ver. 4.1 - 3 April 2011
- ARRL changed HTML for PJ5, SABA & ST EUSTATIUS (fixed)
- Ver. 4.0 - 29 March 2011
- Added full support for the LoTW Award Credit Matrix that contains the four new PJ entities created 10 October 2010.
- Ver. 3.1 - 22 January 2011
- Allow IMG and 60m (5 MHz) in DX4WIN DXCC listing
- Deleted entities may be included or excluded (previously, they
had to be included)
Added mapping of two deleted PJ entities (PJ2/D and PJ7/D) to match the LoTW
Award Credit Matrix. The program will now only work properly if DX4WIN is
using a country file newer than 10 October 2010. Until the ARRL adds the
four new PJ entities to the Award Credit Matrix, you may see these messages
in your output:
Can't find LoTW match for PJ2: Curacao in DX4WIN
This means that these entities in your DX4WIN DXCC listing can't be found in the Award Credit Listing. Just ignore them for now.
Can't find LoTW match for PJ4: Bonaire in DX4WIN
Can't find LoTW match for PJ5: St. Eustatius & Saba in DX4WIN
Can't find LoTW match for PJ7: Sint Maarten in DX4WIN
- Ver. 3.0 - 14 September 2009
- Added support for DX4WIN 8.x
- Ver. 2.4 - 11 November 2007
- Added backwards compatibility for T9,Z7 prefixes
- Ver. 2.3 - 10 November 2007
- Prefixes changes for Bosnia, Montenegro
- Ver. 2.2 - 1 January 2007
- Fixed bug comparing Satellite credits
- Ver. 2.1 - 28 December 2006
- DX4WIN listing no longer has to include Deleted entities
- Having 70cm band enabled no longer confuses the program
- Multi-page printouts work now, and font is fixed-width
- Can force DX4WIN "submitted" credits to look like "checked"
- Added SAVE button to save the results window to a text file
- Added HELP button to go to the URL above (if
your web browser is already open, there may be a problem, it's on my list).
- Fixed a couple of problems introduced by LoTW web page changes